Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count using Coloured Cells

If you are getting the NAME error, then I would assume that you haven't
defined ColorIndex.

As ColorIndex is presumably a user defined function, have you defined it?
We don't know to which threads you are referring, as you've started a new
thread rather than replying, but I would recommend that you go back and look
again at what was recommended.
--
David Biddulph

"enna49" wrote in message
Hi

I have followed the threads for this and still getting an error "NAME?
Using Excel 2007.
I have cells in B1:B17 with numerous colours. A1 to A7 I have a list
referencing the colour I would like counted. The formula is in Col D.
This
is the code I am using.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(B1:B16)=ColorIndex(A6)))

Thanks