Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Array Question

So, you're working on golf scores, aren't you? <g

Assume the last 20 scores are in the range A49:T49
Assume the 10 lowest scores are in the range A50:J50

Try something like this:

=IF(COUNTIF($A50:$J50,A49),"*","")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Larry L" wrote in message
I have 1 more question

Now have the 20 cells populated.

I then created another row with the 10 lowest from the 20 (figured that
one
out my self!)

I now want to create an if statement to put an astrick under the 10 lowest
cells in the row of 20.

The formula I used was (this is for row 51)
=IF(C49=50:50,"*","") Note row 49 contains the formula you provided to
select 20 and row 50 is the ten lowest of the 20

But this will only put an astrick under the cell that is equal to the one
above it. What I want is for an astrick for all cells in row 49 that have
cell equal to one of the 10 cells in row 50

"T. Valko" wrote:

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Larry L" wrote in message
This formula works - thank you

"T. Valko" wrote:

OK, assuming there will *always* be at least 20 entries in the
range...

I'm using row 1 in the example.

Array entered**

=INDEX(1:1,LARGE(IF(1:1<"",COLUMN(1:1)),20-(COLUMNS($A:A)-1)))

Copy across to a total of 20 cells.

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the
SHIFT
key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Larry L" wrote in message
Assuming the original row has 20 cells with data
I would like the new data to be 1,2,...19,20

When an additional cell is added to the original row I want the new
data
be 2,3,....20,21

Ocassionally the original row may have a cell that does not have
data,
in
that case
I want the new row to look at additional cells so that it will
always
have
all the non blank cells up to 20,

"T. Valko" wrote:

What Gary meant was this:

Assume this is your data:

1 2 3 4 5

Do you want the result to appear as:

1 2 3 4 5

Or:

5 4 3 2 1

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Larry L" wrote in message
The most recent will be last in the new row.

"Larry L" wrote:

I want the most recent retained -- so the formula needs to
consider
data
from
right to left in the row.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Do you want the order retained or reversed??

That is, most recent first or most recent last?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200827

"Larry L" wrote:

I would like assistance with a formula to accomplish the
following:
From a row of data I would like to generate a second row
that
contains 20
nonzero cells from the original row of data beginning with
the
cell
working
from right to left. Note: I will be adding data to the
original
row
and would
like the formula to regenerate a new row considering the new
data
and
dropping off data that is more than 20 nonzero cells to the
right
of
the last
entry.