Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Array Question

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Larry L" wrote in message
This formula works - thank you

"T. Valko" wrote:

OK, assuming there will *always* be at least 20 entries in the range...

I'm using row 1 in the example.

Array entered**

=INDEX(1:1,LARGE(IF(1:1<"",COLUMN(1:1)),20-(COLUMNS($A:A)-1)))

Copy across to a total of 20 cells.

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the
SHIFT
key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Larry L" wrote in message
Assuming the original row has 20 cells with data
I would like the new data to be 1,2,...19,20

When an additional cell is added to the original row I want the new
data
be 2,3,....20,21

Ocassionally the original row may have a cell that does not have data,
in
that case
I want the new row to look at additional cells so that it will always
have
all the non blank cells up to 20,

"T. Valko" wrote:

What Gary meant was this:

Assume this is your data:

1 2 3 4 5

Do you want the result to appear as:

1 2 3 4 5

Or:

5 4 3 2 1

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Larry L" wrote in message
The most recent will be last in the new row.

"Larry L" wrote:

I want the most recent retained -- so the formula needs to consider
data
from
right to left in the row.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Do you want the order retained or reversed??

That is, most recent first or most recent last?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200827

"Larry L" wrote:

I would like assistance with a formula to accomplish the
following:
From a row of data I would like to generate a second row that
contains 20
nonzero cells from the original row of data beginning with the
cell
working
from right to left. Note: I will be adding data to the original
row
and would
like the formula to regenerate a new row considering the new
data
and
dropping off data that is more than 20 nonzero cells to the
right
of
the last
entry.