Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Counting Text from Drop-down menu

Thanks Gord, I must have missed another posting somewhere. <g

Gord Dibben wrote:
Debra

OP is using your DatValMultiSelect worksheet code and wants to count the
number of comma delimited MultiSelects stacked into the adjacent cell.

I suggested counting commas and adding 1

Gord

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 19:10:20 -0500, Debra Dalgleish
wrote:

It's not clear what you're trying to do. Can you give an example of
what's in the drop down list and what you want to count?

Em wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know the formulae for counting certain text from a drop-down
list in excel?

I have used all the different COUNT functions i can try and the only one
that was close was COUNTIF but it would not count the drop down list of text,
only the text I wrote into the cell.

Can anyone help!

Thanks, Em

--