Harlan Grove

"Alan Beban" wrote...
Harlan Grove wrote:

On the other hand, if recalc performance is absolutely critical, better
to use 2 formulas/cells per each result plus one extra formula/cell.

G2:
=ROWS(Tbl)

H1:
=VLOOKUP(G$1,Tbl,2,0)

I1:
=MATCH(G$1,INDEX(Tbl,0,1),0)

H2:
=INDEX(Tbl,I2,2)

I2:
=MATCH(G$1,OFFSET(Tbl,I1,0,G$2-I1,1),0)

I already mentioned I screwed up the I2 formula. It should be

=MATCH(G$1,OFFSET(Tbl,I1,0,G$2-I1,1),0)+I1

Which of the formulas, if any, are to be array entered?

None. You couldn't test to be sure? You're not sufficiently familiar with
Excel to know yourself? Just a rhetorical question for the benefit of other
readers, and you prefer that device to simply stating none of them need to
be entered as array formulas?

Which get copied where to display the output?

I considered my previous response an extension of my response before that,
so implicit to drag the formulas in row 2 down until they return error
values. I must endeavor to remember that you need everything explicit.