Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
EG EG is offline

Default Excel2007 vlookup columns, return value from different row

No, just need to find any Dec month, and report the 'year end' total. The
Dec month could be in any column. This is what I am using for just the Dec
2010 total, ?? is where I am stuck in pulling the correct colum.

VLOOKUP(40544,'Acct growth'!$D$1:$BL$5,??)

Thank you
EG

"T. Valko" wrote:

Do you want the sum total of *all* the DEC months or just a specific year?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"EG" wrote in message
Hello, I am having problem creating this vlookup foluma of a 5 yr plan and
would appreciate some help please. The months 'shift' clumns due project
launch time not firm (ie Dec-09 would move to column E, but the other data
stay put).
D E F G.............
W X .............
1 Oct-09 Nov-09 Dec-09 Jan-10......... Nov-10
Dec-10......
2 Sam 4 6 2 1
5
7
3 Alex 2 1 1 3
3 1
4 Jen 0 2 5 0
1 0
5 Total 6 9 8 4
9 8

Vlook up will find the Dec months and report the 'total', but the Dec
months
could be in any column. Thank you very much for any ideas.

GE