Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Converting Numbers to $$

Part 1:
In B1 you can use =RANK(A1,A:A) or =RANK(A1, $A$1:$A$20) with 20
replaced by the correct value.

However the blanks with return #N/A so we could use
=IF(ISNUMBER(A1),RANK(A1,A:A),"")

Part 2: I do not follow

best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"fredmr" wrote in message
I need some help if you please

I have a COLUMN of arbitrary numbers & Blanks:
A1=643, A2=10, A3 -A7=Blank, A8=1038. A9=1039,A10=9 etc,.

I need a formula for (COLUMN B) that will convert COLUMN A into the Number
1
for the largest number (above B9=1), to the smallest number (A10=5),
B3=BLANK, etc.

In addition I need to corolate COLUMN C such that "B9" automatically
inserts
a largest pre-assigned doller value, "B8" is assigned a smaller
pre-assigned doller value, "B1" gets a next smaller pre-assigned doller
value, "A1" get a
smaller & fixed 3rd doller value.
All other rowes in COLUMN C are to remain blank.

As far as the ROW 's go I have a fixed number of 20-- (Example: ROW 13-33,
or 6-26, etc.). The rows can start at any ROW number. As far as daily
entry's
go I will be enterinting in groups of 5, 10, 15, or 20 enteries only.

If this is to much to figure out just let me know as I do not wish to
cause
a ton of work.
At any rate thank you for at least looking at it.

fredmr.