Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Schreffler Dave Schreffler is offline

Default Excel Pivot Table problem

I need to be more clear. I have a static range on a tab that extracts data
from other tabs by formula. I enter data on another tab and save the
workbook. When I attempt to re-open, I get message "Excel found unreadable
content in [workbook name]. Do you want to recover the contents of this
workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes." When I do so,
I get a "Repairs to [workbook name]" box that Excel was able to open the file
by repairing or removing the unreadable content, and tells me it removed
PivotTable reports and records. If I click to view file log listing repairs,
I see:
Removed Featu PivotTable report from /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable2.xml part
(PivotTable view)
Removed Featu PivotTable report from /xl/pivotTables/pivotTable1.xml part
(PivotTable view)
Removed Records: Workbook properties from /xl/workbook.xml part (Workbook)

Hope this helps! By the way, I get the same results whether or not the tab
containing the pivot tables is protected.

--
David Schreffler, EA

"smartin" wrote:

Dave Schreffler wrote:
I create pivot tables in a time tracking worksheet I use each month. However,
when I go back to a saved worksheet and enter new data, I can't refresh the
pivot tables. Therefore, I have to re-build the pivot tables in each
employee's worksheet at the end of each month.

What am I doing wrong? :)

When you say "can't refresh" what exactly happens or doesn't happen?