Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Count and Sum Multiple Conditions in one column

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100={"Red","Orange","Yellow"})*(B 1:B100<"Dropped"))

Adjust the ranges to suit, but you can't use full-column references in
versions before XL2007.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 19, 4:25*pm, Roady wrote:
Hi again- one more layer of complexity- let me know if you can solve this one.

So I want it to do all of the counting as outlined below but only if Column
B next to it does NOT say "dropped". Is this possible?
Example:
Col A * *Col B
Red * * *pass
Red * * *hold
Red * * *dropped

In my example above, I would only want it to perform the formula calc below
if Col B does not say 'dropped'.

Thanks, Roady

"Ragdyer" wrote:
Cumulative formula:
=Sum(countif(A:A,{"Red","Yellow","Orange"})

--
HTH,

RD

"Roady" wrote in message
Hi:

I am having trouble devising a formula that doesn't have an error. What I
want to do is count 1 each time any of the following words show up in a
column and have it totaled.

For example:
Red
Orange
Yellow

The column might have more than those three colors entered but I only want
it to count 1 each time one of those colors shows up in the column and

give
me a total # in one cell. So, in the end all I need to know is the # of
instances that the column has either Red, Orange, or Yellow in it.

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -