Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roady Roady is offline

Default Count and Sum Multiple Conditions in one column

YES! With one additional paranthesis at the end, this works. Thank you- you
rock!!!

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Cumulative formula:
=Sum(countif(A:A,{"Red","Yellow","Orange"})

--
HTH,

RD

"Roady" wrote in message
Hi:

I am having trouble devising a formula that doesn't have an error. What I
want to do is count 1 each time any of the following words show up in a
column and have it totaled.

For example:
Red
Orange
Yellow

The column might have more than those three colors entered but I only want
it to count 1 each time one of those colors shows up in the column and

give
me a total # in one cell. So, in the end all I need to know is the # of
instances that the column has either Red, Orange, or Yellow in it.

Thanks!