brose

thanks for the help, i will keep trying. starting to think that 2 colums is
the way i need to go.
--
Brose

"bj" wrote:

I guess I am not sure what you want to do.
If you want the display to change but have the cell not change you could do
something like in column b
=if(C1<"",C1, Calculation)
This would let someone effectively write over the display in Column B by
entering something in column C

If I am reading what you are saying correctly, you want to be able to Enter
something directly in a cell but have the cell still have the original
equation. I really do not think this is possible. But hopefully there is a
wizard out there would can prove me wrong.

"brose" wrote:

Thank you, i still fall into the same problem though because if the user
changes a cell it will overide the =A1 formula. or am I missing something?
I know theres a way to make this work so thanks for any and all help
--
Brose

"bj" wrote:

No But: you can have your calculations in one set of cells. In another set
of cells reference the original set. (=A1 etc) and have the second set be
your Display set.

You can then write over the second set as needed, and "refresh defaults" by
re referencing the original set.

Ha

"brose" wrote:

Is it possible to protect a formula and still be able to edit the contents in
the cell without changeing the formula.--
Brose