Bernie Deitrick

Jon,

When you have a formula like =SUM(B1:H2), select the B1:H2 part, and press
F4 until it looks like $B1:$H2

Then when you copy across, you won't get C to I, D to J, etc.

If that doesn't make sense, then post a small sample of your data, and the
formula that you are actually using.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Jon C" wrote in message

I have a sheet with sequential dates in the columns and names on the rows,
at the intersect is a number of hours. It'd like this totaled, on a
seperate sheet by weeks in the columns, names in rows as before. Dead
easy, just sum column B to H (7 of 'um) then copy down for each name.
Problem is when I copy across I get C to I, D to J, etc! There may be a
pivot table approach to thsi but the sheet neesd to be as automatic as
possible. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jon C