Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ali Ali is offline

Default In Excel, conditional format (font red) referencing another ce

Steve,

Thank you it worked out, could I make it work for an entire column?
e.g.
Column A heading is "Country" & Column B heading is "Capital", It'd really
be a great help if certian Country's text turns to RED for example once I
type (Or from a list) capital name.

It's quite long the columns my colleagues got to look up frequently.

Ali

"SteveG" wrote:

Christine,

Yes. In A1 go to Conditional Formatting. Change the Cell Value is
option to Formula is. Enter

=B1="Your Text"

Click Format, Font select the color you want. Click OK, OK.

HTH

Steve

--
SteveG