Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default PDF Hyperlinks not working

Hi,

Sounds like you are using 2007? If so, this is a security feature. You can
define a given location as secure by choosing Office Button, Excel Options,
Trust Center, Trust Center Settings, Trusted Locations. There may be other
settings which will also help.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"caz4speights" wrote:

I have inserted some hyperlinks in an excel file that link to maps stored on
my computer in PDF format. Have had issues with Adobe but now have it
reinstalled however now when I try to access the hyperlinks it comes up with
a warning re being careful of some types of files & when you click ok another
box reads "No programme is registered to open this file" & the hyperlink
doesn't work.

Any ideas how I can fix this as the maps are a pivotal part of my file
however I don't want them open all the time???

Thanks