Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pete5440 pete5440 is offline

Default Sort Dates

If I highlight A2 (A1 is my column heading) the formula box shows 1/1/2008. I
have never set up the year and there is no formula set up as I have only ever
added the month/day as "1/17"

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Oldest to Newest must be a 2007 function.

I am not familiar with it.

I still believe you do not have real dates but perhaps 2007 treats these
differently than earlier versions.

Gord

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 16:04:00 -0800, pete5440
wrote:

If my numbers are "text" why are my sort options "Oldest to Newest" and not
"A-Z"? This sounds like the simpler method but how do I let excel know this
is (supposed to be) text?