Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sherry Sherry is offline

Default Update Upon Opening based on DATEIF NOW()

Good point - I'll change it right now. thanks!!
--
sherry

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
yes it will. but i would substitute Today() for Now() in the formula since
now() incluces time also. the datediff() formula will strrip the time off but
using today() would just be less clutter excel has to trip over.

my thoughts.
Regards
FSt1

"sherry" wrote:

Hi All,

If I enter, for example, a birth date in column A1 and the below formula in
another column, I understand the result will be someone's age in years,
months, and days. My question is: Tomorrow, when I open my file, will my
result show one more day added to the "days" number? Thanks for your time.

=DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " &
DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days"
--
sherry