Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
willy willy is offline

Default format axis number - bug?

Hello, hoping for a bit of help with XY charts in XL2007. In the example I
have here now the data is coming from a Pivot Table (but it's not a Pivot
Chart), however I also have the same problem with other XY charts which I
think are straight off plain text data. And Pivot Charts.

I cannot get the default number format for the x axis to change to my
selection. I find and choose the option FORMAT AXIS, NUMBER, CUSTOM, I put in
a new custom format (in this case dd mmm) and click ADD, with no change. I
have toggled the LINK TO SOURCE and formatted the source data the same, with
no luck. Even just choosing from the list of default formats, no change. I
have had the same problem trying to manipulate dates, and with trying to
change number of decimal pts displayed (the default seemed to be many....)

It's like a bug in 2007?