Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JSnow JSnow is offline

Default Auto Count & Format based on cell value

Sheeloo, thanks for the formula. I'm not familiar with the <"" (not equal
to blank?). I'm not sure how that would work. Would I refer it back to
column A? If A<"" then condition? A-ha!

Thank you!

"Sheeloo" wrote:

One way is to
Enter this in Cell A6
=IF('SET UP'!$C$2<(ROW()-5),"",ROW()-5) and copy down

You can conditionally format the cells with condition <"" to format as you
want.

"JSnow" wrote:

Hello again Gods of Excel. I'm using Excel 2003 for work, rows 1 - 5 are
used for header data.

Here's what I'm struggling with this week: I need to use the value from
sheet "SET UP" cell "C2" (which is a whole number, let's say 50) on all my
other sheets (Jan - Dec) as some sort of counter. I'd like to accomplish two
things on the Jan - Dec sheets:
1) starting w/ row 6 in column A, list 1 through whatever the number
for C2 is on "SET UP" sheet. This will let the user know how much data
entered each month.
2) format cells B6:K56 (row 6 + 50 in this example) with white
background, grey border etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Note: this is a repost from earlier because I wasn't clear about what I
needed.