Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FrankTimJr FrankTimJr is offline

Default Calculate Percentage of time

I'm trying to build a report that shows the callers percent of time (during
an 8 hour day) they spend on the phone. I have the callers total time for
the Month and I need to calculate two things:

Average amount of time spent on the phone per day (=Total Time/# Days worked)

Average % of time spent on the phone per day is where I'm confused. I
thought I would just divide =((Total Time/# Days worked)/8) but I'm getting
some strange results. For example, I have an Average time of 2:23:11, so
just divide that number by 8 and I got 1.24%. What am I doing wrong?