Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ausum Ausum is offline

Default Can I store a pointer to a word file?

Perfect! Thanks. I've been a "light" user of excel for a long time. The
"help" function had no responses to this, so appreciate your help! I tried
it and it works.

Ausum

"Kevin B" wrote:

You could use a hyperlink to point to the Word document. Click INSERT on the
menu, select HYPERLINK and browse until you locate the file you wish to link
to. Click the desired file in the directory tree and click the OK command
button to complete the link.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Ausum" wrote:

I need a table to track tasks and work associated with the task. These can
get lengthy, and it would be helpful if the task or work items could reside
in word files, and then point to these from a cell. Can that be done?