Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rotata Rotata is offline

Default Workdays not working as expected

Thank you much for the example. Not only does it work beautifully, I now have
a better understanding of "range".

--

"T. Valko" wrote:

The holidays argument should be a reference to a range where you list the
actual dates for the holidays.

Lets assume 1/1/2009 and 1/2/2009 are holidays. List those dates in a range
of cells:

J1 = 1/1/2009
J2 = 1/2/2009

Then you refer to that range like this:

=WORKDAY(A1,11,J1:J2)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rotata" wrote in message
Help!
(running Office 2003 on XP)

I am trying to calculate 11 workdays from a given date. Some holidays we
work, some we don't. We shut down for up to two weeks at Christmas.
I put in the workday formula as I think it to be. The result isn't what I
expected.

Lets say I put the date to start in cell A1, for example 1/5/09
In cell B1 I insert the following =workday(a1,11,0)
The result displayed 1/20/09
so, I stuck in an extra holiday or two =workday(a1,11,1) displays 1/20/09.
=workday(a1,11,2) displays 1/20/09. =workday(a1,11,10) displays 1/20/09.
=workday(a1,11) displays 1/20/09.

Where am I going wrong?

Changing the