Gord Dibben

Laura

The left and right header/footer margins are fixed and cannot be moved
outwards.

The fixed setting is usually about 3/4" in from edge of paper.

You can move them inwards by padding with spaces when creating a Custom
footer/header, but not outwards.

All versions of Excel has this default.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:14:08 -0700, "Laura J" <Laura
wrote:

How do I change the left and right margins of footers (Excel 03)? Excel
seems to only allow distance from bottom of page as a margin, so I now have
footer margins that do not match my main body left and right margins. I can
find no info on this in MS's help files.
Thanks,
Laura