Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Cell click on one cell selects 2 or 3 cells?

Are you using Excel 2007?

Try setting the Zoom level a little lower or higher.

The multiple cell selection is a bug in Excel 2007.

The zoom-changing appears to fix it.

I don't have 2007 but a few postings have made the suggestion and it seems
to work.

Here is one such posting.

http://tinyurl.com/3wofsf

Post back please to confirm if this works or is bogus advice.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:30:01 -0800, Loken
wrote:

At times, when I click on one cell to enter or modify data, 2 or 3 cells
below the selected cell are highlighted. I only want the cell to be edited
to be selected. I don't know what causes the multicell selection, or how to
turn it off. Can someone explain this to me.