Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Clareabella Clareabella is offline

Default WORKDAYS formula in excel

Thank you very much for the comments, I now realise that I was
missunderstanding how the help text defined "exclude". However can someone
try this on their own excel as Jan, Feb, March for 2009 are working fine but
the formula for April is defining the the 2nd working day as the 3rd not the
2nd. I am using the start date as the 1st of the month and then my formula
reads as follows: - =workday(startdate,2,[holidays for Easter 10th, 13th]),
this returns 3rd April and when I change the ,2, for 10 it returns the 17th
April, instead of the 16th. However the formula for January with the holiday
date as 1st Jan returns the correct result as 5th Jan which is the 2nd
working day........I'm very confused, if anyone can help I'll be very
gratefull as I am trying to finalise a meetings calendar for the whole of
2009 for the senior exec at work.
--
Clareabella

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Try the Excel help for the WORKDAYS function.
--
David Biddulph

Clareabella wrote:
I am using the workdays formula in excel. It works fine with the
exception of months where there are bank holidays it doesn't seem to
be recognising them. I assume it is not seeing some form of calendar
so how to I activate the calendars in excel (the calendar in outlook
is fine and all bank holidays are showing) ?