Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JudithJubilee JudithJubilee is offline

Default view Word and Excel documents together

Hi Jo,

If I read your question correctly you literally want to see both the Word
and Excel documents side by side on your screen.

If so you can use the Maximise/Restore option at the top right hand side of
each window and then resize both windows so that they both appear on screen.

You could also use the keyboard shortcut Alt + Tab to quickly switch between
windows and still have the programs utilise the full screen width.

Message back if I've read it wrong.

--
Hope this helps

Judith

"Jo" wrote:

Is there a way to have files from different programs showing at once? I have
to convert a form made on Excel to a Word document. An automatic conversion
won't work because there's heaps of formatting, so I'd like to be able to
copy and paste the bulky bits without continually switching windows.