Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Conditional Counting

Try something like this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!C$1:C$100=A1),--(Sheet2!F$1:F$100100))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jerry" wrote in message
Does anyone have a formula that counts the number of occurances in a range
of
cells in another sheet based on the following criteria, 1. it equals the
value in a cell on another sheet, and 2. its less than "some value". For
instance I have a list on Sheet 1 that contains 26 names, on another sheet
have a table of data where column C contains the same names on Sheet 1
only
multiple times, in Column F I have a list of numbers, but I only want to
count those numbers that correspond to the name on Sheet 1 and are over a
certain value, I have tried Count, Count if, Count with and If and I keep
getting formula errors. please help.
--
Thanks