Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JBeaucaire[_85_] JBeaucaire[_85_] is offline

Location: Bakersfield, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to JBeaucaire[_85_]
Default Cross reference two worksheets to identify matches

You can upload your workbook, or a smaller sample of it and I'll look at it.
The formula works, so something's just gotten lost in the translation.

Post it on a forum that allows attachments, like he

http://www.excelforum.com/excel-general/

You can post a link back here to the thread you start with your sample, or
send me a message on that forum, same username JBeaucaire

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Christie" wrote:

It all came up as matches so it didn't work.
Would you recommend something else?

"JBeaucaire" wrote:

Here's the formula again, so you can see the piece clearly (internet breaks
things oddly sometimes). Just remove the line feeds at the end to make one
long line:

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(
A2&LEFT(B2,FIND(" ",B2)-1),
Sheet2!$A$2:$A$400&