Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default conditional formula keeps changing

Yes, NOW() is volatile. See

for a couple of solutions

In article ,
nbarr wrote:

so i have created this sheet to track recruitment calls. in it, i have
created a conditional formula that enters the date and time into a cell when
another cell is modified with call notes, ex =IF(D20,NOW(),"") as you can
see, it will remain empty until the call notes cell (in the example, D2) is
modified. the problem i am having is when i enter data into a different
cell, say D5, the date and time in the cell referring to D2 is also changed
to the date and time of when i modify D5. i am not sure why this is
happening. any help would be much appreciated and if the problem is not
clear, please let me know and i will try and clarify. also, i am not sure
exactly where i should have posted this. it is my first time posting. thanks