Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
albertmb albertmb is offline

Default SUMIF Formula Problem

Thank You Dave it worked perfectly

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You can only use the whole column in xl2007. So adjust your ranges.

albertmb wrote:

Thank you for your fast reply, but the formula is giving me the #NUM error.
Can it be I misunderstood something?

Regards
Albert

"Daniel.C" wrote:

Hello.
If you are a XL2007 user, use SUMIFS, otherwise, give a try to :
=SUMPRODUCT(('1'!A:A=A5)*('1'!B:B=A6)*'1'!J:J)
HTH
Daniel

Hi to all,
Wonder if you can help me. I have the following formula which works ok, is
it possible to have a similar formula but with extended choice of cells:

SUMIF('1'!A:A,A5,'1'!J:J)

Example: The present formula will compare â˜1â!A:A with A5, I would like a
formula to compare â˜1â!A:A,A5 and â˜1â!B:B giving the same result from â˜1âJ:J

â˜1â!A:A being a category like âœTravel Expensesâ,
â˜1â!B:B being a department like âœSales Departmentâ
â˜1â!J:J being the âœCostâ

Thank You

Albert

--