zackb

In a seperate cell, enter your formulas ...

=IF(A1="B","GO","STOP")

Then select this cell, goto Format (menu) | Conditional Formatting | Formula
Is ...

=B1="GO"

Format condition to Green, confirm with the Ok button. Now set the regular
format of the cell to a background color of Red. Btw, this also assumes
that you entered this in cell B1; if not, change the B1 in the Conditional
Format formula to match that of the cell address you are inputing it on.

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"Mark" wrote in message
I am trying to make an IF statement results have different colored cells
depending on their outcome. For instance, if A=B, I want the cell to say
"GO"
with green fill around it. If A does not =B, I want the cell to say "STOP"
with red fill aound it. How can I do this?