Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I use a relative cell reference that will copy the format?

If you mean you have a cell linked to another, there is no way to link the
formatting unless the formatting is due to Conditional Formatting.

If you don't mind just getting value from one cell to another along with
formatting, see JB's reply.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:38:01 -0800, Brian
wrote:

What I'm trying to do is copy over the formatting that I've done to a cell
when I'm trying to use a relative reference to that cell. Aside from pasting
the format, is there some other way to copy the formatting as well as the
values within the cell?