Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sue in Illinois Sue in Illinois is offline

Default variable average

I've got a spreadsheet linked to Access which pulls in a year's worth of
actual sales numbers (of products). I need to figure the average sales over
either the past 3 or 6 or 12 months. The number of months to base the average
on is part of the query. Is there a way to write the "=average" formula to
look to the cell w/ the number of months to use and then average on the past
3/6/12 months based on what's in that cell?
I can send a sample spreadsheet to anyone who thinks they can help.
thanks much, Sue in Illinois