Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
E[_2_] E[_2_] is offline

Default INDIRECT function in Office 2007

That's really helpful, thanks.
Do you know how I can make my 'B5' drag down so that it's B5, B6, B7 etc? I
fear I need to complicate the function.

"Luke M" wrote:

You need the text part of INDIRECT to be in quotes
=INDIRECT("'"&$A$1&"'!B5")

Note how single quotes surround sheet name, incase you ever have a space in
one of the names.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"E" wrote:

I want to do something very simple, but I have trouble understanding the
parts of the INDIRECT function.
I have sheets called Jan, Feb, etc. In a separate sheet I wish to return the
value of cell B5 for each month in an array. My attempt was
=INDIRECT($A$1&'!B5) where A1 is the month, ie, Jan, Feb. This returns REF#.
Please could you advise. I assume I am making mistakes with my ampersands and
inverted commas.

Thanks, E