Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TLC TLC is offline

Default EXCEL 2003*FORMULA TO HILIGHT SPECIFIC CELLS WITH TRUE RESULTS

Thank you so much for responding JB,

I seem to be suffering an 'operator error' moment, I entered the information
as you were kind enough to provide, but it isn't changing the format for some
reason. I understand how it is supposed to work though (thank you for that
too). Can you think of any reason it wouldn't respond correctly, like the
cells are locked or hidden, or...?

--
Ever so greatful,
tlc

"JBeaucaire" wrote:

My apologies...that formula should be:

=$B$24="QUOTE IN MD OVER .500"""

Is that better?

--
"Actually, I AM a rocket scientist." -- JB

"JBeaucaire" wrote:

Highlight cells B19:B24, click on FORMAT CONDITIONAL FORMATTING

Condition1 - FormulaIs:

=$C$15="QUOTE IN MD OVER .500"""

...and then click FORMAT and setup the colors you want. Now they will all
change color at the same time.

Will that work for you?
--
"Actually, I AM a rocket scientist." -- JB

"tlc" wrote:

Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a formula I can add into a formula already
written that will highlight the cells that return true results and the
primary formula cell too?

When the below formula, located in cell B24, returns the true value, I want
it to highlight itself and each of the referenced cells causing the true
value.

=IF(OR(B190.5,B200.5,B210.5,B230.5),"QUOTE IN MD OVER .500""",0)
Any help would be wonderful.
--
Ever so greatful,
tlc