Walter

Thanks Andy. I would have never thought of trying a function that is
supposed to multiply the cells but it works.
--
Thanks for your help,
Walter

"Andy B" wrote:

Hi

Try using SUMPRODUCT()
==SUMPRODUCT((Brakes_Date<=Summary!$A9)*(Brakes_Da teSummary!$A8)*(Brakes_Credit_Column))
If you want to use SUMIF, you'll have to do it in two steps. You'll need to
total the values above the first date and then subtract the total of the
values above the second date.

--
Andy.

"Walter" wrote in message
I am trying to sum daily entries on one worksheet to a weekly total on a
summary worksheet. I have named the following ranges:
summary date column = Summary_Date
brakes date column = Brakes_Date
brakes debit column = Brakes_Debit_Column
brakes credit column = Brakes_Credit_Column

Here is the formula I have but it is returning 0.
=SUMIF(Brakes_Date,AND(Brakes_Date<=Summary!$A9,Br akes_DateSummary!$A8),Brakes_Credit_Column)
--
Thanks for your help,
Walter