Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Augied Augied is offline

Default File names

-- I would agree with you that the ~ typically indicates temporary files but
files that I have not opened recently also have the append info and they do
not close after being used. In fact the list of files with the append is
growing . Something else is going on that I don't have a clue. Thanks anyway.

Just learning

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Close Excel and look again.
File name beginning with the tilde (~) are normally temporary files
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Augied" wrote in message
All of a sudden all of my Excel 2007 files have a ~ followed by several
numbers after the ~. What happened or what change did I make to cause
this?

--
Just learning