Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Spence10169 Spence10169 is offline

Default Copy values from a cell based on values of another cell

Hello,

I have an excel file with multiple sheets, here are the colum headings from
sheet 1,

B C D E F

Date Amt Desc Category Total

What I want to do on sheet 2 is check for value "Y" in the Desc column on
sheet 1, if the value ="Y" then report the value in the Date column on sheet
1. I obtained this by using a simple =IF(Sheet1!D:D="Y", Sheet1!B:B)
function, but I only want to see the values that are = to "Y", when I
populate the if function, I get values for each row. In other words I only
want it to report the date column if the Desc column = Y.

Does this make sense?