Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Automatic Pop-up Message

This needs to go on the ThisWorkbook sheet. Also of caution, does the
workbook only have one sheet? If not, you might want to include the line
"Sheets("SheetIwant").select" near the beginning.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
msgbox "PUT IN REQ # AND DATE NEEDED NOW"
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Range("T10") = Now()
ActiveSheet.Protect

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="password"
Range("T10") = Now()
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="password"
End sub

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"patsy" wrote:

I need to know how to create a pop-up message when a worksheet is opened. I
need it to say "PUT IN REQ # AND DATE NEEDED NOW". I already have the
following VBA Code to add the current date:

ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Range("T10") = Now()
ActiveSheet.Protect

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="password"
Range("T10") = Now()
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="password"

What code and where does it go to add the pop-up box?

I would appreciate any help possible.

Thanks.