Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cross-referencing dates in Excel gantt chart

You were asking for a formula to calculate the start date of subsequent
rows, so column D.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Karl" wrote in message
Sorry to be dense, but in which column does this formula go?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=INDEX(E:E,MATCH(G3,A:A,0))+1

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Karl" wrote in message

Using the workday function, a series of if statements and conditional
formatting I've created a Gantt chart in Excel that pretty much behaves
like
a Gantt chart in Microsoft Excel.

You fill in a table of dates, choose who is responsible for the task
and
the
Gantt chart populates automatically. Pretty much the final thing I want
do
with it is allow the person filling it out to choose the predecessor
task.

At the moment, each task starts a day after the task in the row above.
Currently, the table of dates looks like this:

Column A - Task number (1,2,3,4,5 etc.)
Column B - Task name
Column C - Task owner (determines conditional formatting of bar cells
in
Gantt chart)
Column D - Task start date
Column E - Task end date
Column F - Task duration

The start date of the first task is entered manually, after that start
dates
are the end date of previous task + 1 working day. This is mostly ok,
but
sometimes the dependency isn't on the previous task, it may on a task
two
or
three lines up.

What I want to do is insert a new column G, labelled "Predecessor".
Instead
of the start date being "previous task + 1 working day" the start date
cell
for each task would look at the task number in column G. It would match
this
to the corresponding value in column A (task number) and take the "end
date
of specified task +1" as its start date.

Is there any way I can do this or am i just expecting far too much of
Excel?

Thanks

Karl