Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Adding 2 cells only if one is not over

Substitute your cell references as necessary, and use a formula like
this:

=MIN(Allotted Days + Carry Over Days -Total days used,36)

If the first part of this exceeds 36, then 36 will be returned.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 12, 7:08*pm, srctr wrote:
I am trying to create an Attendance Calendar. *We are allotted only a certain
number of days (can't go over that). *But we get a day each month. *I need
the formula to add Allotted Days + Carry over days and minus Total days used
that month but never go over 36 days.

Allotted Days + Carry Over Days -Total days used = Total Days left (never to
exceed 36 days)

Thanks in advance for any help with this problem.

--
cao