Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need help with formula for expressing multiple greater/less than

You haven't told us what to do if D1 is non-integer, or negative, or greater
than 10, but if none of those cases are possible you could use:
=IF(D1<=1,B21,IF(D1<=5,B22,B23))
--
David Biddulph

"charlie" wrote in message
I am trying to construct a formula that will be based on the result of
an adjoining cell. I need to point to specific cell depending on what
the number is in that adjoining cell.

So for example:

If D1 = 0 or 1 - point to B21
If D1 = 2, 3, 4, or 5 - point to B22
If D1 = 6,7,8,9, or 10 - point to B23

and so on...

Rather than listing all of those variables, I know I should be able to
write it as equal to/greater than, but less than. I just don't know
how to express as a formula.

Thanks in advance for your help.