Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Copy Worksheet wont copy objects.

Hi again Lincoln,

I really don't know the answer but can you copy the objects individually? (I
know you don't want to do it that way but just for my curiosity). You may
need to be in design mode to copy some objects.

Also is this only for a particular workbook or are all workbooks (including
newly created ones) like it?

OssieMac

"Lincoln De Kalb" wrote:

Hey OssieMac,

Appreciate the response but neither of those methods work.

In both cases everything will be copied to the new worksheet except for the
embedded objects and it doesn't matter what the embedded object i.e. wordpad
document, flash object, any OLE object. etc.

Cheers

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi Lincoln,

How are you attempting to copy the worksheet? Are you right clicking the
worjsheet name tab and then select Move or Copy then in the dialog box
checking Create copy or are you simply clicking the point where the column
and row identifiers meet to select the entire worksheet then copy and paste
to another worksheet?

The first method should work. If using the second method, a lot of objects
will not copy unless you are in design mode when you perform the copy. Even
then, I am not sure if everything will copy.

OssieMac

"Lincoln De Kalb" wrote:

Bump.

--
-= There''''''''s only one damn problem, it''''''''s not working =-

"Lincoln De Kalb" wrote:

Heya,

Have a problem where the copy worksheet function (manual or programatically)
wont copy over the embedded objects regardless of their type i.e. clipart,
OLE object etc.

It will work OK in Safe mode.

There are no:

Addins
COM Addins
Files loaded on startup (tools options general at start up.....)
XLB's or PIP's

I've also re-registered Excel with no luck.

I'm thinking it must be a security setting (macro level is set to low for
testing). I've inherited this SOE so really not 100% what's going on but
can't see anythign obvious.

Thanks in advance
Lincoln