Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KurtB KurtB is offline

Default Pull Data from multiple sheets

My company keeps customer records in spreadsheets for that given
customer. Each customer spreadsheet has 12 tabs and is named by
customer number ie: OH09001 Doe and kept in a folder of the same name.
I would like to pull most of the data from each customer's spreadsheet
into a single separate spreadsheet so I can track certain information
without having to double enter.

In my customer spreadsheet I have an "information" tab with name in
a1, phone in a5 etc. I also have a "material list" tab with the
quantity of material in A and the item in B.

I want to put this into a spreadsheet like:

Customer name phone
Material Item
0809001 Doe
0809002 Smith

What is the best way to pull the information out from many
spreadsheets without having them open? I have 320 customers so I'm
thinking I need a macro but don't know where to start.

Thanks!