Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kassie kassie is offline

Default Multiple IF Need Help

Not only is your info limited, it is also confusing? Your formula checks
whether C2 shows an error, then does a vlookup on B2, which most likely also
creates an error. No error trapping is done though. Then you again check C2
for an error, in which case you want to look up A2, but if C2 is not an
error, you want to look up C2. This logic will not work, the way I see it.
Look at your original formula, as I have split it into IF - THEN - ELSE, and
you will perhaps understand your problem?

--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"Sacs" wrote:

This is the formula

has to do with getting a field for people names with variance i.e. c2 (last
name,first Name) or b2(first name, last Name) or A2 (last name, first name
only partial name) the formula works but what is happening in the part that
it looks up the correct answer VLOOKUP(A2,'EURO ENTRY LIST'!$A$1:$G$1500,4,0)
portion it shows the correct answer but in the cell it shows #N/A ... if I
reverse the formula to start with A2 ..then b2 then c2 ... I get the same
problem in this case the answer id "Ad Dhubi' which A2 picks up but show $N/A
in the cell. What is wrong with the formula and why is it not showing "Ad
Dhubi"

The main purpose is pick up the answer with names such as John Henri Walker
when I download info from the internet the name downloaded could be Henri
John Walker or Walker John Henri or Walker Henri John which is why my vlookup
look for the correct name and then give the answer .. I've double check name
scenerios and the A2 portion does pick up the answer in the formal bar but
the cell still show #N/A ...

Here is the complete formula

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(C2,'EURO ENTRY LIST'!$B$1:$D$1500,2,0)), THEN VLOOKUP(B2,'EURO
ENTRY LIST'!$C$1:$D$1500,2,0), ELSE IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(C2,'EURO ENTRY
LIST'!$B$1:$D$1500,2,0)),VLOOKUP(A2,'EURO ENTRY
LIST'!$A$1:$G$1500,4,0),VLOOKUP(C2,'EURO ENTRY LIST'!$B$1:$D$1500,3,0)))

Please Help