Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Stock Format Issues

Hi,

I can't duplicate this problem. what version of Excel are you using and
what are the exact steps you take to reference a new range?

I select the chart and choose Chart, Source Data, and in the Data range I
highlight the new range and click OK.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"LiAD" wrote:

I am using a STOCK type chart in excel with the table formatted in the
required
A B etc (up to 20 x-axis categories)
Av
Max
Min
Close

way. In order to make the chart more €˜viewable I have changed the colours,
sizes, bars etc as normal.

However if I need to change the range of data that the chart is plotting the
chart reverts back to the default excel format and I loose the items that I
formatted. Can I stop this happening? Why does it only happen to this type
of chart and no other charts I use?

Thanks for your help