Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default try to enter normal number but get this instead 9.10115E+21

What you are entering is not really a number (no math will ever be done on
it); it is just a string of digits. So enter it by:
a) first formatting the cell as Text
OR
b) preceding it with a single quote (apostrophe) as in '91011523456 to make
it text; the quote will not show in the cell, nor will it be printed.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"flowers" wrote in message
I'm trying to make a list of delivery confirmation numbers but when I put
the
number in it automatically changes it to 9.10015E+21. I also tried a
different format but it just changed the numbers at the end to all
0000000.
How can I just get it to show the whole number I type in?