Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rodchar rodchar is offline

Default copy rows down

Sean read my mind on this one on an earlier reply:

The only fix I can give you is to unmerge the rows. Then, just enter the
person's name in each of the rows. That would fix it.

Suggestion would be to highlight the column and uncheck merge cells. Then,
in the first blank row, enter = and reference the cell just above. Copy this
formula and do Edit - Go to - Special - Blanks and paste. Copy the column
again and paste-special values to get rid of the formulas...

Thanks,
rod.
"rodchar" wrote:

hey all,

i have a single column of rows

id,type
1,phone
2,
3,
4,email
5,
6,

is there an easy way to fill in the blanks with the previous non-blank type?

like this?

1,phone
2,phone
3,phone