Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Second last character incrematation

="BMS_data.drwr_v[" & ROW() & "]"
or
="BMS_data.drwr_v[" & ROW()+13 & "]"
to start with something other than 1
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200825

"vertblancrouge" wrote:

Hi

I am planning tag addresses for a software application and my tags look
something like this:

BMS_data.drwr_v[xx]

The problem is when I drag the cells down, Excel 2003 do no increment the xx
because it is not the last character. any way to do that?

I can still delete the ] so the xx can increment but then I still need to
manually add that last character again and eventhough I can use the ? as wild
card to "find" I can't use it to "replace".

Doing find "[?" and replace "[?]" returns "[?]xx"

Thanks for your help.