Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Formula and Drop Down List

You can use dynamic validation

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataval02.html
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"unclebean" wrote:

Is it possible to use an IF statement (or something similar) that refers to a
selection a user picks from a drop down list to pick a formula from a list of
formulas? Assume I build custom desks. I have a list of all the formulas
for cutting each part of for each style of desk. I would like the user to
pick from a drop down list a desk style, i.e. rectangle, corner, etc. Next
the user would enter the overall size of the desk. I would like the results
to show all the cut sizes for each part of the custom desk. Is an IF
statement the right way to do this?