JulieD

Hi

you would need to unlock the cells you want people to get to (format / cells
/ protection tab), change the font colour of the cells you don't want them
to get to to white and lock them and then when you put sheet protection
(tools / protection / protect sheet) on the sheet ensure that people can not
select unlocked cells (option in ver 2002 and above) (in ver 2000 you might
need to put "hidden" on the locked cells as well - format / cells -
protection tab).

however, it takes basically 1 web site and 2 mins (give or take) to break
sheet protection ... so the general rule is, if you don't want people to see
it, don't send it to them.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Dharsh" wrote in message
Does anyone know if I can password protect a few cells in
a worksheet. I am going to send out my spreadsheet to
people and don't want them to see the contents of certain
cells. I could change the colour of the text to white but
what if someone accidently pick it up! So can I password
protect those cells?

Thanks in advance